Our client a global financial services business is looking to appoint an experienced Director of Strategic Business Development whose main responsibility would be to strategically identify and build partnerships across the US banking space and remittance eco-system - fostering remittance to emerging markets.
The ideal candidate will be required to provide strong vision, strategic acumen and leadership for planning, building, developing and implementing a comprehensive business development and partnership function that supports the long term vision of the organisation.
As the Director of Strategic Business Development, you will be required to identify potential acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures and contractual relationships within the US banking and remittance space to support the sustainable growth of the organisation.
In-depth experience in the US banking and remittance space; within the US is essential and some experience remitting into Africa is definitely an advantage.
- Identify potential sales opportunities and new markets in the US banking and remittance domain
- Take the lead with providing overall vision, strategy, direction and goals for the business development and partnership function within the remittance space
- Connect and establish partnerships with international remittance companies in the US with the intention to foster remittance business to Africa
- Maintain a structured business intelligence database to support the identification and evaluation of potential opportunities
- Attend conferences, meetings and industry events
- Develop quotes, proposals and contracts, and negotiate with clients to secure and close deals
- Collect client requirements and align them with the operations and engineering team to provide competitive products in the market
- Lead strategic planning, design, and execution of business development and project implementations
- Develop deployment timeline, phasing plans and project plans