One of the continents leading technology companies solving payments problems for ambitious businesses in looking for VP of Engineering who is a natural-born leader with proven experience in growing and scaling teams!
As our client is looking to build an additional engineering team from scratch. This is an opportunity for the VP of Engineering to build-up their own world-class team, in the country of their choice! Using your network and connections you will be able to handpick your team to undertake this exciting challenge!
Their mission is to help Africa’s best businesses grow and become profitable - from new startups, to market leaders launching new business models; our client is loved by over 40 000+ businesses across the continent.
They pride themselves on being the fastest, simplest way to start accepting online payments - from signing up to receiving payments can take under 15 minutes! Providing their clients with the gift of modern, frictionless, painless payments - integrating with them just once allows customers to pay however they want!
Their VP of Engineering will be mission-driven, a clear communicator, skilled at leading a team whilst having built successful and scalable products in past roles!
- Build a new engineering team from scratch (complemented by the existing team in Lagos; Nigeria)
- Lead, scale, manage and mentor the engineering team
- Know how to recruit and develop top engineering talent
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and keep up with new and emerging technologies
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance,budgeting and software products
- Experience in site/software, web/mobile-based applications and system integrations
- Experience working with various software technologies and consumer site/software development
- Ability to scale platforms to support rapid user adoption
- Highly conversant with DevOps practices and its commonly used tools
- An ability to undertake complex platform migrations and upgrades
- Maintain and optimise budgets to meet the goals of the company
- Understand and collaborate on complete product life cycle from concept to execution
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency
- Build, develop and manage the engineering team ensuring they are capable of carrying out initiatives
Mandatory Requirements / Qualifications;
- 10 + years of working experience in similar roles
- Strong leadership experience is (a must-have)
- Previous experience working with PHP, AWS, Node.js
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Bachelor of Computer Science or relevant degree (nice to have)