A dynamic and rapidly expanding Asset Finance company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to supervise their Kenyan operations(based in Mombasa) . Reporting directly to the Group CEO, the successful candidate will be overseeing the organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures whilst establishing policies that promote company culture and vision. With a focus on efficiency the COO will be responsible for maintaining control of the diverse business operations whilst establishing and following a set of policies and processes!
As a company, they aim to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner!
Expanding at a rapid rate across Africa - they pride themselves in offering asset financing (motorcycles and three-wheelers) and group lending products (short-term and business loans) with fully cashless services for loan disbursement and collection as well as 24-hour access for clients to their account balances.
By setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, the COO leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication. With this high-visibility position the COO will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to maintain the highest level of integrity.
- Measure the efficiency of operational processes (internally and externally)
- Identify ways to improve processes
- Design and lead the implementation of improvements to strategy, policies and procedures
- Direct the preparation of short/long term goals based on the goals of the company
- Evaluation of reports
- Identification of ‘red areas’ within the business
- Establishing and implementation of the ‘right’ solutions
- Coordination of jobs in various departments
- Develop and implement growth strategies
- Identify new commercial opportunities
- Ensure smooth collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and drive performance measures
Mandatory Requirements / Qualifications
- Previous experience in a COO level role within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Background in banking / asset finance / micro-finance with Pan-African experience(nice-to-have)
- Track record of managing and growing teams, setting KPIs whilst driving revenue and profitability
- An ability to rapidly adapt to change in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect and trust of all levels of team members
- Ability to share the company’s vision of exponential growth and add value
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an MBA is preferred