Archive for January 2018

Remittances – How Diaspora Drives Economies

Remittances are estimated to account for 24 percent of foreign capital flows into African countries. The remaining 76 percent is made up by fixed direct investment, exports, debt, portfolio flows and foreign aid. Remittances from international migrants contribute more than three times that of foreign aid. Moreover, in several countries where foreign aid is falling,…

Read More

What your African FinTech needs to know about GDPR

Any company with any data of EU Citizens needs to be aware of and prepare for GDPR regulations which come into effect in 2018. Being up to speed on the regulations is especially relevant to FinTech companies – regardless of size, if your business has any personal data on clients, customers, merchants, business partners and…

Read More